For more detailed information about contributing to tidymodels packages, see our development contributing guide.
Typos or grammatical errors in documentation may be edited directly using the GitHub web interface, as long as the changes are made in the source file.
- YES ✅: you edit a roxygen comment in an
.R file in the
- NO 🚫: you edit an
.Rd file in the
We use roxygen2, with Markdown syntax, for documentation.
Before you submit 🎯 a pull request on a tidymodels package, always file an issue and confirm the tidymodels team agrees with your idea and is happy with your basic proposal.
The tidymodels packages work together. Each package contains its own unit tests, while integration tests and other tests using all the packages are contained in extratests.
- For pull requests, we recommend that you create a fork of this repo with
usethis::create_from_github(), and then initiate a new branch with
- Look at the build status before and after making changes. The
README contains badges for any continuous integration services used by the package.
- New code should follow the tidyverse style guide. You can use the styler package to apply these styles, but please don’t restyle code that has nothing to do with your PR.
- For user-facing changes, add a bullet to the top of
NEWS.md below the current development version header describing the changes made followed by your GitHub username, and links to relevant issue(s)/PR(s).
- We use testthat. Contributions with test cases included are easier to accept.
- If your contribution spans the use of more than one package, consider building extratests with your changes to check for breakages and/or adding new tests there. Let us know in your PR if you ran these extra tests.
- Here in the tune package, some test objects take too long to build with every commit. If your contribution changes the structure of tuning or resampling objects, regenerate these test objects using the scripts in
inst/examples/ as follows:
In a terminal, run:
R CMD BATCH --vanilla inst/examples/test_objects.R
R CMD BATCH --vanilla inst/examples/ames_knn.R
Then, move the
.Rout files to
inst/examples/. Check these files before committing them.
Code of Conduct
This project is released with a Contributor Code of Conduct. By contributing to this project, you agree to abide by its terms.